Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Special Place

As we receive very few visitors around here, a knock on the door throws Dudley into his own special version of “Ape Shit.”

This morning I was downstairs in the basement, when I heard a knock on the door. Cue the Ape Shit Dog. Cue the crying baby, awoken by the Ape Shit Dog. And who was at the door you ask? Someone trying to tell me that I’m going to hell unless I start driving around and knocking on stranger’s doors, handing out “literature,” interrupting the resident’s quiet reflection time and waking up their sleeping babies, just like they do. No my friend, it’s you that’s going to hell. There is a special place in hell for people who knock on doors and wake up babies.

(Luckily, in this instance, the gentleman was smart enough to be scared by Ape Shit Dog, and stayed just long enough to pass his literature through the small crack in the door. I've had someone try to "Spread the word of god" while I was trying to restrain Ape Shit Dog from tearing their heads off. Not that he actually would. But they don't need to know that! Good Dog!)

No comments: