Sunday, May 13, 2007

Eight Months

Dear Griffin,
So here we are at the end of my very first Mother's Day and I can honestly say that I've never loved being your Mama as much as I did today. We've had just a delightful day, breakfast, strawberries and tea and toys on the porch, a few loads of laundry on the line to dry, country drivin', company, sunshine, dinner, and the season finale of Season 3 of BSG (sniff...) Oh, and only the most LOVABLE KID in the world. (Not to mention the most lovable Daddy!) You have been a joy today, and for the past, oh...8 months or so! I know I complain about the sleeping issues, and other little things, but at the end of the day I have never met a more smiley, charming, personable, and HAPPY kid than you. I secretly hope that we have something to do with it because then we can help you keep it up!As the world around you gets bigger and bigger, and you reach out and discover more every day, it has been SO MUCH FUN to watch the wonder in your big blue eyes get brighter every day. You have so much curiosity about the world around you, mostly you want to know what it all TASTES like. Gotta start somewhere! You take transitions with the greatest ease (except for in the sleep department), you are either sleeping or being adorable when we're in the car, you LOVE to meet new people, as well as hang out with familiar ones. Seeing you branch out, get mobile, pull up on things is just as exciting as it is terrifying. I try to give you space to discover, without being too smother-y. I draw the line at chewing metal though. That's bad for your health, and Mama's nerves.

You are on the brink of something HUGE...and it's called crawling. I think it just may rock your little world! This week with the (ugly) carpeted floor has been such a bonus in that you can actually get a grip on the floor, instead of just sliding around on the hardwood. Back at home now you're still sliding on the hardwood, but you're also sitting and rolling, and generally ending up 15 feet or so from where you started...and that's 15 feet in ALL directions. Child proofing has gone into high gear here on the roof, as NOTHING IS SAFE!

We've been enjoying carting you around to all the theatres in the country, and you've successfully charmed the kind folk in just about every building we've been in. Smiling at all the right people. Farting on all the other ones. While I don't particularly want you to become a little Theatre Baby (astronaut baby, or space cowboy, ok?) I do enjoy the hell out of showing you off all over the country. And you travel so well, that we're just going to keep on doing it.! You don't make strange and freak out at strangers, or the wind, which is why the dog stays home.

I love you little man, and I'm so proud to be your Mama. Watching you grow, and quite obviously thrive has been the most rewarding experience of my life so far. I expect it just may keep on getting better from here on in.

xoxox

Mama

No comments: