Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another Finished Quilt

Just missing the baby...

This was a super fun and super fast quilt to do. I got the pattern idea from this quilt here, and pieced it together in no time flat. It's small, baby sized, but a great weight (polka dotted flannel on the back) and I think it'll be great for tossing over the car seat in the fall, or throwing in the diaper bag for taking just about everywhere. It'll be great for swaddling a newborn for the first little bit too.

The quilting of a quilt is actually the part I hate the most, this time I decided to try freehanding it again, and went all twirly on the square pieces within each square, making for random swirls on the backside (you can see the swirls in the 2nd picture.)

The pictures don't quite do the colours justice, they're really delightful if I do say so my self, and go with the baby's blue and chocolate brown nursery.

Like I said, just need that baby now....

(I don't think Cara reads this blog..but Cara if you do, you could pretend you don't, and act surprised when I give this to you!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that quilting machine or hand? I suppose 'freehand' could mean either! It looks great, Jenn!

Jenn said...

Machine baby, I'm too impatient for hand quilting!

Making A Modern Family said...

This is fabulous! I am itching to quilt so badly. Maybe I'll pull out my scraps today. :)