Monday, January 28, 2008

In bed with my boys

Last night, and the night before that, and the night before that, Griffin has slept from 7:30pm or so till 4 or 5 in the morning. It might have something to do with the cough syrup I keep drugging him with before bedtime...but I digress...he squawks when he wakes up, and we bring him down to our bed to finish off the night. We NORMALLY all fall back asleep and wake up around 7 or so. Last night I had trouble falling back asleep....why, you ask? Well, I'll tell ya! Due to the high snot factor in our house of late, the SNORE factor has also been through the roof. Last night I lay awake for at least an hour, with one snotty kid snoring away cuddled up RIGHT next to my head, one semi-snotty husband sawing some SERIOUS logs on the other side of the bed, and one dog curled up at the bottom of the bed, occupying about 75% of my half of the allotted "leg room" and, you guessed it, snoring.

It's a good thing they're cute, and just about the best husband/baby/dog a gal could ask for, otherwise they'd be sleeping in the spare room! Or, more realistically, I'd be sleeping in the spare room. I'd sound proof it first though.

No comments: