Monday, January 07, 2008

Welcome Home

Well, after 16 days straight (with the exception of Christmas Day) of working, the christmas "Holidays" are over, and I finally get a day off. (Holidays...HA!!!) I finally have all my boys back in one place, and we're all very happy to be together again. Dudley went BALLISTIC when he realized that it was Steve that had pulled into the driveway, and Griffin was pretty happy to see his Daddy too. I enjoyed my few days of solitude, but I wish I actually had more time to ENJOY them. I was leaving for work at 7am and coming home at 7pm, and pretty much fell into bed every night as soon as I got home.

We're taking today to chill, and regroup. Tomorrow....well, tomorrow I'm going to see an old friend, who is going to offer me a job...I'm a bit scared. This is a job-job, like Monday to Friday 9 to 5ish, with decent pay, and....wait for it...BENEFITS!! Trouble is, it's also commuting about 90 minutes each way. I don't want to talk myself out of it (or into it for that matter) before I go and hear what he has to say, but I've certainly been rolling it around in my head for the past few days. I've become kind of accustomed to my flexible schedule, I'm just getting the doula thing rolling, and yada yada yada. But then I wonder if I couldn't just suck it up for a few years, at least until we have another baby...make some decent money, enjoy the benefits, and maybe even get a proper mat leave out of the deal? Go back to doula work after baby #2? I feel like I've been flitting and flirting all over the place for the past few months, and now that I'm finally settling into something I want to do, I'm getting another curve ball tossed at me! Yikes...I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

We also may get around to taking down the christmas decorations tomorrow. Although, I'm kind of enjoying the tree in my living rooms still....
So more new to come tomorrow. Meanwhile, feast your eyes on my beautiful boy!

No comments: