Monday, June 23, 2008

Happiness is: Day 19

I have this little tidbit hanging next to my computer, and it makes me smile:
I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
To allow my living to open me,
To make me less afraid,
More accessible
To loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
To live
So that which came to me as seed
Goes to the next as blossom
And that which came
to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.

I went to visit Dawna's website the other day for the first time, and found this little parenting tidbit as well, part of this article, but this little bit is what stood out for me:

"What you must do is help your children love to learn and find their spot of grace. In this way they will be able to develop their gifts and share them with the rest of us. You must help them recognize and honor the different gifts of others who are also unique and needed."

Happy Monday!

No comments: