Friday, June 06, 2008

Happiness is: Day 2

(Yes, I am totally backdating these posts - I am NOT letting a stray lightening bolt get in the way of my month of happiness! Just because I couldn't post, doesn't mean I wasn't happy!)

It was so hot today...SOOO hot. So hot that everything under the sun was cooking. We all went out about 45 minutes before the end of the work day to crank open our car windows because it was just too hot to touch the steering wheels. But have you ever noticed that when things cook, their smells really come out - they become more aromatic, much more pungent. Well, it works for lilacs too. I drove home with my windows wide open, and for the hour that I was on the road, even though I was doing 80 kms an hour, the thick smell of lilacs in the air never left my nose. It was HEAVENLY!!

No comments: