Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labour Day

Labour day will always be the day that I fondly remember getting my first inkling of my then-unborn son's sense of humour. 2 years ago, on Labour day, I was in labour.

Ha. Ha.

We had a glorious weekend this year, I dare say this was the best weather we've had all summer. We did some relaxing, some fixing stuff, some prep for the big 0-2 party next weekend, and a whole crapload of laundry. Lawnmower Dave came over and chopped down some fence posts for us that we've been meaning to take care of FOR. EV. ER. And while he was hear, he also took some measurements so he can bring us our new screen door, also something I've been wanting FOR. EV. ER.

We started out the weekend with our bi-monthly haircuts on the front porch. For the first time ever, Griffin SCREAMED murder while I cut his hair, saying "OUCH" with every snip of the scissors. As a result, he has the most uneven, crooked haircut y'all ever did see. Just in time for his birthday! Awesome!

Griffin had his first official "ass over tea kettle" fall down the stairs this weekend, which scared the pants off of both Steve and I, but hardly seemed to affect him at all, save for a little bump on the noggin. Good thing he's tough...I think it took Steve all afternoon to recover, but he was up in a flash and off again.

And now, for some father-son bonding photos of men doing manly things - because as my Mom rightly pointed out, it's quite dull around here without any pictures!



4 comments:

Kori said...

He is such a cute little fellow.

Also you may want to send me your address so I can get your prize in the mail.

Congratulations!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

It is so clear to me from the photos of Griffin that my little one is seriously a midget. *sigh*

Anyhow, I just love all the photos you posted over the last few days.

Glad you got your camera back in time for the Big Day!

Coley said...

Holy crap! Griffin is huge and adorable, and looks decidedly like a little boy rather than a baby.
Sunrise, sunset, eh?
What a cutie boo. Happy almost birthday G!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

What a cutie! Love the pictures. :) And I HATE those falls down the stairs. Had enough of those, with the kids, to last several lifetimes. Glad he's OK!