Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Meh

Meh.

That's how I feel lately.

I have a sewing table downstairs laden with stuff, and yet, I find it next to impossible to drag my sorry arse down there after the escapade commonly known as bedtime. And now, with this silly time change behind us, it's damn near pitch dark by the time I get home from work, and all I want to do is get in my PJ's and crawl into bed.

I have baskets with clean laundry in them, that have been around nearly as long as my toddler has been alive...or so it feels like. Thank goodness Steve pushed me into hiring someone to clean this place once every 2 weeks, otherwise we may very well be up to our knees in our own filth.

Christmas is sneaking up on us, and thankfully I haven't committed to making too much stuff this year. The one thing I am DETERMINED to do this year though, is a quilt for Griffin (the only kid I know that doesn't have a quilt made by me.) The classic case of the shoemakers children.

I'm hopeful this slump will turn around soon. I'm going to chat with my boss about working a few days a week from home - that will help tremendously! Until then, I apologize for any lack-luster-ness that's happening around here.

We all have our slumps....right?

(P.S. Happy voting day to all my bloggy friends south of the border. You must be freaking exhausted of all this election hooplah...I know we all are, and we don't even live there! We're crossing our fingers for you up here!)

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I go through periods like that when I have so many creative things I want to do, but not the energy to do them. It's frustrating, but usually due to fatigue. Hope you get past these blahs!