Saturday, November 01, 2008

Saturday Random

I did it again.

I may live to regret it, but I'm blogging every day in November, all in the name of NaBloPoMo....

Egads, why do I do this to myself?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And now for some Saturday Random:

Griffin has entered the "why?" phase. Were as we used to get away with a straight up "Griffin, don't do that," we are now confronted with a "why?" after everything that we ask him to do....and oh gawd, I need to come up with a legitimate reason!! I'm not quite mentally prepared for this yet! Why IS the sky blue?? I'm not quite sure at this instant, I'd have to look it up before giving a concise answer that my newly curious toddler will understand! This kid is going to make me THINK! Brain....hurting....already...

In the mean time, I have reverted to the standard parental answer: "Because I said so."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Steve and I did a few interesting things today.

1) Went and exchanged our hydro sucking Christmas lights with 6 strings of 50% off LED lights (Fairly low on the "interesting" scale.)

2) Cleaned out the shed (even lower, but still necessary.)

3) Went to a ski swap, and scored 2 pairs of cross country skis and boots, for the low low price of FREE!!! This is VERY interesting! We've been talking about getting cross country skis since we moved up here, but for one reason or another, haven't managed it. These sort of fell in our laps (well hello!) and at that price, who could go wrong. The boots that came with these skis happen to fit each of us perfectly. Sweeeeeeet!

4) We went and looked at a house....like one to buy, with a Realtor and everything.

Yeah. So. I've been feeling a little worn down by my drive to work lately. It's only been 5 months, and its fricking wrecking me. My first thought - move. So I stumbled over a little beauty the other day, in Hockley Valley, which is exactly where we fell in love with this area of ours, and wanted to live originally until we discovered that it was way, no WAY beyond our price range. So was the house we looked at today, but it had a "cottage" on the property. I see cottage, I think tenant, and with a tenant we could actually maybe swing this place.

Except...this was no cottage that I would ever let anybody that I liked move into, unless I maybe acquired a raccoon or 2 as buddies. It was yuck. Nasty, dirty, falling down yuck.

We will not be moving to Hockley any time soon.

Boo!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thus concludes my Saturday Random. Happy NaBloPoMo, y'all! See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the Hockley house. I'd sure love to have you closer! (would you be closer?)

Kristen said...

Cross country skiing is great. We go in the winter to a place about 30 minutes away that has night skiing through the woods. Totally awesome. And a great workout. And the dogs love it. It's a win any way you look at it.

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the house...but atleast ya got FREE ski stuff! Whooo hoo! Great deal! Pls post pics when the snow starts piling up!