Wednesday, August 26, 2009

30 days

Once again, I've decided to join Erin at Bluebirdbaby for her 30 days of Happiness quest. Things are busy, and crazy and ever-changing around here, and I think a few moments spent every day focusing on what made us happy in that day is a wonderful idea.

Today I arrived home to a sobbing toddler who had just fallen off a bench. 5 hours later, he's still not quite right and won't move his left arm, and I think there's a trip to emerg in our future (like the future after I wake up from a decent nights sleep.) But I also arrived home to the smells of a Bolognese sauce that Steve had been simmering all day long. I curled up in the rocking chair with my very upset toddler, and he fell asleep on my lap, being kicked the whole time by his little brother or sister. While the circumstances that brought us to that spot weren't all the best, lying there with Griffin snuggled up in my arms and feeling the baby kicking and playing and wanting to be part of our snuggle session was the most delightful moment of my day!

2 comments:

Julia Hale said...

Does missing the sex on the ultrasound mean that we won't know till the day? I need to do some clothes sorting! Can we take a pool and pay for an extra ultrasound?

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Aw, poor sweetie. But I'm glad you got the snuggle!