Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Night Owl Randomness

It's 1am.

I'm wide awake. For the second night in a row.

This is what I get for crawling into bed with Griffin at 8pm. I get to sit at the computer and listed to him snore and grind his teeth for an hour or so, until my body decides it's ready to go back to bed. Last night I took the opportunity to enjoy some chips. Tonight I think I'll try to outwit my body, and just go back to bed.

Outwit my body....HA! Already my unborn son is proving to get the best of me.

My husband is on his way home from places far far away. We missed him like stink this time, and even though we (finally!) downloaded Skype just for this occasion, the connection was shitty and we hardly got to chat at all. This from a couple who has talked to each other just about EVERY DAY since the day we hooked up, no matter how far away one or the other of us has travelled...and Steve travels a lot.

Yeah, we're mushy like that.

Enough of this random b.s. from me, I'm going back to bed. Somebody ought to disallow posting after 1am...it's almost as bad as a drunk dial.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I think one of the symptoms of pregnancy that people don't know about ahead of time is this random wakefulness at night. Totally screws you up if you need to work in the morning although everyone always explains it's just getting you ready for the broken nights to come ;)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I had severe insomnia when I was pregnant with Jonathan. Sometimes I still do. I hope it gets better for you soon and I hope Steve arrives home safely soon!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I tried to look on the bright side about the sleeplessness. At least it's getting you ready for the 2AM feedings. Still sucks, though.