Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter

Because my life is one perpetual unending long weekend (ha!) we got to extend Easter weekend by one day, and are just getting back to life a la normal today.

We had an absolutely delightful weekend with some particularly crazy weather. (Crazy good, but I'm a little worried about what it's going to be like in July, if it's already 25 degrees here in APRIL!)

On Friday I went into the big city to spend the day with Gretel at her Fancy Pants booth at the One of a Kind show. The show was busy, and Gretel's booth was hopping the entire day! I had Corben with me, who was a superstar (and maybe a bit of an attention stealer, what with his fantastic cuteness!) He hung out for FIVE HOURS in the sling - a beautiful sling loaned to me for the day by a friend of Gretel's at Ollie Golightly. (If you're in the market for a ring sling, I'd highly recommend these.)

While I was in the city, Steve and Griffin were having a boys day out, that involved fun things like dinosaurs and french fries, and parks...good times had by all.

On Saturday we spent the day as we do every Saturday, doing "stuff." Grocery stuff, dump stuff, you know, stuff. Near the end of the day we decided that maybe it'd be a good time to give Griffin his Easter present, since it was so beautiful outside, and we wouldn't be home the next day.He was VERY excited to see the new bike, but sadly got very discouraged quickly as he couldn't quite get the whole pedaling thing down. I don't think the crocs helped, and neither did the fierce wind that was blowing in our faces as we tried to ride. We'll try again soon.

Sunday morning we had a visit from the bunny, and of course had to find all the eggs that he left hanging around. I was clever (or so I thought) and filled the eggs with sugar free candy. Here's something I didn't know - did you know sugar free candy has a laxative effect? I read that on the internet, after Griffin started to complain about a tummy ache and suddenly had the runs! Even though he had a total of six candies, he spent the rest of the morning down for the count watching a movie, because he wasn't feeling well.

Epic. Fail. Way to go Mama!

Sunday around lunchtime we got in the car and headed to my brothers in London for the afternoon, where we actually spent a fairly chilled day, as the twins were out with their Mom at the other grandparents. The kids did have a bit of time to ALL play together though...it was crazy like always! Yesterday was a very drive-y day, as we came home from London, and then headed to Barrie to see Steve's parents.

Check out the cuteness below. I know, you look at this picture and you're saying to yourself "oh no you didn't!" but the answer is "Heck yes I did!" Dress my boys in matchy-matchy outfits? Oh yeah! It was even funnier when Daddy showed up for dinner in a blue dress shirt and beige pants, but I didn't get a picture of that.

I'd like to throw a special shout out to Joe Fresh, who seem to be the only people on the planet that make tiny little sun hats. For the rest of the planet - 0 to 12 months is NOT a size, it's a generalization! I have been searching and searching and finally have found a summer hat for the C.
Today, we're back to normal. I'm on laundry duty today, as the laundry pile seems to have reached epic proportions. Having a kid who suddenly can't remember to get up to pee in the middle of the night isn't helping. (Whassup with that?)

Hope your weekend was full of delights!

No comments: