Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp, Day 4

Today's word: Heavy Metal.

Today's other word: Epic Fail.

At first I thought about turning this picture into a quilt square. HA! But then I thought, there is a time and a place for my scarcasmo humour, and this is not it. (Sarcastic Bootcamp...up next.)

It got me thinking - what's made of metal.

And it got me thinking about bridges.

I am of the humble opinion that ALL bridges should be made of metal.

Or, more specifically, that bridges are something that should NOT be made out of wood.

I have a "thing" about wooden bridges. While I wouldn't quite classify it as a phobia, it's certainly up there on the list of things I loathe. Along with revolving doors. (Another story, another time.)

I especially have strong feelings about bridges that we drive cars over. NO WOOD. I have to close my eyes, which is problematic, with the whole driving thing a moving vehicle thing and all.

So bridges. I set about to make a quilt square of perhaps one of the most famous bridges out there.

And it was going well. But then the fabric got all funny. And bunchy in the back. And then it went sour.

And it was too late to start over.

And it's thundering and lightening now, which means I should really shut down the computer, what with the 40 foot lightening rod on the top of our house (AKA the internet tower.)

So I'm going to bed...and will try again tomorrow.

And that, as they say, is that.

(P.S. Corben is 5 months old today! Egads, slow down the clock, people! A lovely heartwarming post to my baby boy coming soon.)

1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I would say blogging isn't worth getting zapped over! :-)