Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Preschool: Check

Today was Griffin's last day of Preschool. Ever.

**Sniff**

I was on the fence about preschool from the beginning. Steve was totally for it - he hated school as a kid, and thought that if we prepped Griffin for it, he'd have a better chance of enjoying it. Would an extra year of school really make him like school that much more, I wondered?

In the end, the experience was nothing but positive for all of us.

His teachers were awesome. The school was awesome. He has learned SO MUCH in the past 8 months. His language skills are off the charts, his letters, numbers, even some math skills are wickedly good for a 3 year old. I'm totally confident that he's more than ready to hit "big school" in the fall.

Still...when did my baby become this little man? How has this happened? I'm not exactly sure, but I love his smart little self more and more every day, and I'm so proud of the little turkey, goofy sunglasses and all!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hi Jenn
It;s hard to believe that your baby is almost ready for school. He's so darned cute and smart, he'll do great!
As a primary school teacher here's some advice:
Teach him to put on his own shoes, coat, open his lunch items, pack and unpack his backpack, zip a zipper, wash his hands alone. These are hard things! I know G probably can already do most of this now.

Teach him to do things when asked the first time. Teachers hate saying "G, I have asked three times, please do it".
This was the hardest for Liam cuz he's an only child and we repeated ourselves way too much.

Teach G how to write his name using upper and lower case, on a line. Teach him how to draw a simple picture of himself.

Practise with scissors a lot.
K