Monday, July 19, 2010

The Weekend: How it looked

Saturday looked a little like this:
Griffin started swimming lessons last week, and the difference with him in the water is night and day after only 2 lessons. He WANTS to swim. He wants to get his face wet, jump in the water, blow bubbles, and for you to toss him in the air! He's done all these thing before, but with trepidation, and only once before it was kiboshed. Now - it's full fish ahead, and I couldn't be happier. I spent the better part of 10 years in water, competitive swimming until I was 16, and I'm so happy to be able to share this love of the water with my kids.

Sunday looked a little bit like this:
After years of talking about it, Steve and I finally sunk some hooks into our porch columns, and strung up our hammocks. We have a few, (OK, three,) and there's nothing better in our humble opinions than swinging in a summer breeze with a book and a baby!
Happy, chilled out, relaxamatastic* days.

Hope your weekend was just as awesome!


*If it wasn't a word before, it is now.

1 comment:

StephLove said...

That hammock looks great. We have a sky chair on our porch but it only fits one, or two if one of those people is very small. I got it as a b-day present shortly after my (very colicky) daughter was born. It soothed her to rock in it with me. Best present I got that year.