Friday, August 06, 2010

This and that, a winner, a guest?

Well holy crap, it's Friday. Where did the week go? I have no idea, but it sure is gone!

We've been enjoying the lazy hazy days of summer with all kinds of fun stuff. More trips to the splash pad, lots of trips to the veggie stand up the road, hammock sitting, and so on.

On Tuesday I got twitchy having not canned anything for a few weeks, so I went and bought blueberries and made some jam. I tried out a pectin that required little to no sugar for our sugar free little dude, and it worked really well! Bumbleberry jam on toast is the flavour of the week!

I realize I have been remiss in awarding some lucky soul with a soapy prize, and since I now have 5 different flavours drying away on my racks in the basement, I figured it was time to give some away! Out of 74 comments, Random.org picked number 11. Hey Dana, send me your address, and I'll send you some soap!

Here's a question - we're heading off for some holidays in the next few weeks, is there anyone out there who would be interested in guest blogging here? I'd love to get a few people with a post each, introduce some of the fine folks around here to some of you other fine folks out there! Let me know if you're interested!

A big day of laundry, swimming lessons and grocery shopping awaits...thrills a minute here!

3 comments:

Tiffany @ No Ordinary Homestead said...

I'll throw my hat into the ring regarding guest posting... what to write, what to write :)

I'll send you an email.

Hope you have a lovely vacation!

Terri-Ann said...

If you don't need a "professional" blogger, I'll write about my very first quilting experience (after Monday!), so you can be present even in your absence.

Kristen F said...

If you want I will write a blog entry about....hmmm...little boys and what they teach us about ourselves. It's the least I can since you're entertaining Liam for a week for me!