Monday, November 15, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

Christmas! Oh yeah, baby! (It's snowing right now people!)

Last year I was a bad Mother/Wife/Head of the Household and decided to skip the Christmas cards.

I know, horrors!

Friends, I was eight months pregnant, and not really feeling the holiday cheer. I wanted nothing more than to be done work, and to be able to consume something, anything, without getting heartburn so wicked that it knocked me off my feet. Other than Tums, which in the end, gave me heartburn too.

(As Alanis would say, isn't it ironic.)

Truth be told, we were going to skip them this year too. Money's tight and all that, I was thinking of doing some sort of virtual greeting and sending it out to all our friends instead.

But, oh how I LOVE Christmas cards. I love sending them, stuffing them all into envelopes, and busting out my superfine Sharpie and addressing them all by hand. I love printing off cute little return address labels, buying festive stamps, dropping the whole stack in the mailbox a few weeks before Christmas, and then waiting to "reap my rewards" when the hand addressed in fine point Sharpie envelopes start arriving from my friends, because I know y'all are just as OCD, and stationary whores just like me!

Enter Shutterfly.

Hands down, Shutterfly has some of the cutest cards that I've ever seen. And combined with our amazing photos from Gigi Photography, we're going to have the prettiest Christmas cards y'all ever did see this year! They also have some really great other stuff, and if I wasn't already done all my Christmas shopping (BOO YA!) I'd be all over these calenders. They also have some other really cute (ie: not tacky) Photo gifts that would be awesome for grandparents if you're stuck for ideas.

So be on the watch for some cute Christmas cards in a mailbox near you! Something like this...but not this at all! (Psst. Shutterfly is offering bloggers 50 free cards for sharing their awesomeness. Check it out!)

Disclaimer: I'll be collecting my 50 free cards in exchange for letting you all know about the awesome that is Shutterfly. All opinions posted here, and any associated potty mouthy-ness, are my own.

1 comment:

Hyacynth said...

You are the fourth blogger to write about Shutterfly, so now, I'm really, really curious to check it out when I start our holiday cards this evening. Fun!! Thanks.
And snow? Already? I don't think I'm ready for that here in Chicago.