Friday, December 08, 2006

Date Night

So tonight I'm going on a date. With my husband. And without my baby!

Now don't get me wrong, I love my child, but in the past 3 months we've spent nearly every waking moment together, and most of the sleeping ones too. That's a lot of time to spend with someone, whether you like them or not!

Tonight we're going out for dinner. I'm going to wear a bra built for making me look good, not one built for easy access. I'm going to find a shirt with ties and buttons and snaps, as impractical as possible. I'm going to wear something nice, that I won't have to worry about getting spit-up on. I even may wear high heels! I'm going to eat dinner with my knife AND fork at the same time, and I am not going to bounce my knee the whole time because no one will be sitting on it. I will have adult conversation and speak in full sentences. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of myself.

And then I'm going to come home and snuggle up with my sleeping baby to tell him how much I love him, and missed him, and how I thought about him all night!

No comments: