Monday, March 05, 2007

A few things....

So 10 DAYS TILL FLORIDA! Oh My Gawd, get me out of this snowy, windchill/snowfall/snowsquall warning land of desolation and SHOW ME THE SUNSHINE!!!! I can't wait. (Can you tell?)

This will not only be Griffin's first airplane trip, it will be Mama's first airplane trip with a baby, and no Daddy. I'm a bit scared. I don't want to be THAT WOMAN with the SCREAMING CHILD that fusses the whole flight, with no rescue in sight. Ah well, at the end of the 3 hour flight we'll be in Florida and nobody will care anymore. At least I won't.

Griffin's Passport arrived without fanfare, less than 4 weeks after I applied for it. The passport office in Brampton ROCKS!! He looks like he weighs 40 lbs in his little mug shot, but they say the camera adds 10 lbs, and when you're only 19 to begin with...

Griffin also turned 6 months old yesterday. I was feeling less than loving towards him yesterday as we had the night from Hell the previous evening, and it's hard to write a touching loving letter to someone who you don't particularly like at that moment in time, so the 6 month letter was put on hold. I like him a lot more today though, so we'll see about getting it done in the near future.

Today we were officially snowed in. They issued a blanket Road Closure today, on the M.T.O website it just said "ALL roads in Dufferin county closed due to severe weather." Shit-tacular. Unfortunately they weren't closed when I left to take Griffin to the doctor, but by the time we had to head home, we had to find a scary backroad to trek home on as all the main thoroughfares were blocked with flashy "don't go here" signs.

Did I mention we're going to FLORIDA in 10 DAYS???!!!

No comments: