Friday, April 27, 2007

Today's Headlines

Today Griffin and I travelled into the Big Stink, to beat-up babysit Phelan:Turns out Griffin's a bit of a brute (raise your hand if you're surprised....Anyone?...thought not!)

He spent the day swiping all the toys out from Phelan's lap. And pulling on his face. FUN! Phelan has a skill that Griffin doesn't though - he can travel to his intended destination and climb on stuff. And sit on stuff. Like Griffin:

It was a fun filled day, and went rather well, but it made me come home and reiterate to Steve that we don't want any more kids just yet! I'm not ready! I want to wait until Griffin can speak in, and comprehend, full sentences. So that he can say stuff like "Mommy, I'm uncomfortable with the fact that you're paying more attention to that other kid," instead of wailing at the top of his lungs. So that he understands (and acts with diligence) when I say stuff like "Go get Mommy the bottle of Tylenol!"

I have a new found appreciation for the parents of twins. Egads...and there are people who have things like TRIPLETS. OR MORE! I bow at they're feet in reverence - I don't know how they do it. I also bow at the feet of those that have kids one after the other after the other! That takes some serious energy and commitment (in so many ways), and i just don't have either of those things in me right now! And to the people that say, "Once you have one, any more doesn't make a huge difference." LIARS!!! Two kids is TWICE as much work. It's simple math! Twice the diapers, twice the food, twice the weight. Math, people, math. Goshdarn, I'm exhausted!! I love my baby and my husband more than anything in the world. And I very much look forward to adding another member to our little family. But not yet!

In other Roof excitement, I have embarked on a mission to sew the next set of cloth diapers in our lives. Griffin is modeling prototype #1:


It's hard to see the diaper for all the cute baby in the way, but I'm pretty proud of it.

And speaking of modeling...just in case you don't get the Bay flyer, and just in case you don't know how to click on a link (hey...it's possible!) And just in case you haven't gotten how proud and excited I am that my little boy is such a superstar, here's Griffin's first shot at becoming Canada's Next Top Model:

He's the cute one in the sunhat. And the VERY BIG SHOES (they were about 2 sizes too big, but they were right colour, which is all that really matters!)

So that's all for now. It's been a busy few days here on the roof. And we've had enough. So we're leaving...off to Ottawa and Gananoque for a few shows, for a few days - duty calls (Steve.) I'm rather looking forward to it! Fear not, we'll likely be posting from the road. Or before we leave...this high speed internet just makes it SOOO easy!!

No comments: