Friday, February 08, 2008

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

I am knocking on the biggest piece of wood that I can find in the nearest vicinity when I say:

I think. We're over. The plague.

PHEWF!!

I also think we got off fairly easy, in that we were all able to get back to health relatively quick. I am 99% convinced that Steve actually had food poisoning, as the onset of his "illness" was so quick, and so incredibly violent, in so many ways! That, and 2 days later he's pretty much back to normal, no lingering fever, sniffles, or any other trauma. He DID go to bed last night under a HEAVY denim quilt, under a very warm fuzzy blanket from his youth, under a down duvet, dressed in a sweatshirt and sweat pants, and I think he not only sweat every single ounce of poison out of his body, but I think he also lost about 10 lbs overnight!

Griffin is doing well, back to his usual hijinx, with a lingering sniffly nose and a lingering need to be close to his mama. That I don't mind one little bit!

We have some serious laundry to catch up on here, it's just been piling and piling up in the basement, as more and more stuff got puked on. I've been waiting for the Laundry Fairy to arrive but the damn bitch never showed. Laundry Fairies are notoriously unreliable, in case you haven't heard.

So to Pukefest 2008, and the Plague I say bye bye, so long, good riddance. I don't want to see you, or hear from you ever again, you're not welcome here any more. And if you happen to run into the laundry fairy while you're doing your rounds, tell her I'm pissed at her too! Although I'd be likely to forgive her, if she showed up in the next few days and folded all the clean clothes!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Glad to know you are feeling better..hope it keeps up. We seem to be on the upswing as well. I sure hope so!

Anonymous said...

Good riddance! Glad to hear the news.

Burgh Baby said...

Here's to hoping the plague is gone FOR GOOD!