Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The joys of the winter commute

It usually takes me an hour to get to work in the morning.

Yesterday it took me 2 and a half hours.  

The first 80 kilometers took an hour.

The last 10 kilometers took another hour, thanks to the lightest of light dustings of snow, and the stoopid people who don't know how to drive in it.

Pushing the SEVEN cars up the very long and windy country driveway to get to building where I work?  The last half hour.

It's going to be a loooooong winter!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I thought people who lived up North where it snows on a regular basis would know how to drive in the snow. If we get 10 snowflakes or 13 pellets of sleet people around here freak out. I guess there are stupid drivers no matter where you live! :)

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! It is sooooo stoopid! lol. I live near Cleveland, OH and now you'd THINK people would be used it it, but it's like something new to them every year.

And even worse, you have the local news with reporters stationed all over the place giving 'updates' and traffic reports....and I'm like..shouldn't we KNOW to allow more time? Shouldn't we KNOW what to expect?

I think the whole world has gone mad! (Thanks for letting me vent)