Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happiness: Happy Birthday to me.

Today is my birthday. It was a lovely day, nothing fancy, but lovely none the less. A card lovely card (picked out by Griffin himself) this morning. Griffin shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA" at least a dozen times before I left for work this morning. A phone call on my way to work from a dear friend out east (who's first baby is 3 weeks younger than Griffin, and who's second is due just 6 days after Cheeseball...she's having the elusive GIRL kind!!!!) My coworkers took me out for a delightful sushi lunch, free of all that "nasty" raw stuff that we pregnant ladies are supposed to avoid. I had a naturopath appointment tonight, and got to lay silently on a table for 1/2 an hour for an acupuncture treatment. There were flowers, and dinner waiting for me (and more "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!"s) when I got home, and an impressive singing of Happy Birthday by Griffin and Steve. Griffin was absolutely delightful tonight, despite having been told today by the doc at the fracture clinic that he's stuck with the cast for one more week. I spent the night working on "the dress" (more on that tomorrow) and now I'm going to crawl into bed with a new magazine I bought today, and finish off the day.

Happy Birthday to me! Happy indeed!

1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Happy birthday! My birthday is on Saturday. I hope it is nice as yours was!