Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 1

Last Saturday I spent the day pushing him out. This Saturday, and every day since last Saturday, I've spent as much of the day as possible just staring at him.

After all, he IS gorgeous

But he is the last baby I'll carry in my belly, and the last newborn of my own that I'll hold in my arms - I know with certainty that our family is complete. Because of that, I've tried to take it a bit slower this week. Tried not to get caught up with laundry and cleaning and blogging, and that damn Facebook, and just BE with my baby, realizing that I will never again have the opportunity to sit around and gaze into my newborn baby's eyes all day long. He's growing every day, and I don't want to miss a second of it.

We've had a most delightful week, full of naps and snuggles and just spending time staring at each other - Corben seemingly in complete awe and wonder of his new world, and me in awe and wonder that Steve and I created another perfectly perfect little human

Griffin has been wonderful with his new brother. He wants to hold him, snuggle with him, share his toys with him, and he's the first one to ask if Corben is OK the moment he starts fussing...it's very cute and very touching. We've also been very conscious about giving him the attention HE needs as an individual as well, which is harder some days than others, but I think we're all doing pretty well.

Corben is a dream baby - one of those babies that you hear rumors about but never really believe they exist. He eats like a champ. He sleeps like one too. He's a snuggler, loves the sling and any other carrier I toss him in, as long as he's close. And he's not so hard on the eyes either

One week down, a million to go! What a wonderful thought!

1 comment:

Some kind of Mom said...

What a beautiful post. I haven't decided yet if there will be a #3, and often feel like I should slow down and savour my daughter in case she's the last of my own babies I'll snuggle close. Congrats!!