Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Corben: 4 months

Dear Corben,

In the midst of this past weekend that was Mother's Day, and company, and crazy, we also had another little milestone. You, my darling dearest, turned 4 months old.

You, my second son, are a joy. You're smart, you're charming, you love the ladies just like your brother (and father) before you, and you sleep. Thank god for that.You've certainly become more aware of the world around you this month. You're grabbing at everything you can see, which includes my hair, and the skin on my neck, which is getting stretchier by the day. (As if you little punks weren't already ageing me enough!) You're starting to enjoy hanging out on the carpet a bit more, and have begun to make moves to roll over...we were certain you were going to go for the gold last night, but you just couldn't seem to get all the way over.

Tummy time usually looks like this for the first 5-8 minutes or so (complete with the puke, nearly every time):And then we switch to this:(I like to call this look "Mad Mad Carpet Face.") And that's when we know tummy time is over.

I think you've had a little growth spurt in the past few weeks, and I'd guess you're tipping the scales around 16 lbs right now. You've certainly shot up in height, suddenly we're into the 9 month sleepers for length...got a ways to go before you fill out the width! We're staying away from the solid food still, I know a lot of people that start their kids early around 4 months (we did with Griffin too) but I just don't think you're ready for it.
Your smiles have become extra cute in the past month, and you're "talking" up a storm. You love to talk to anyone who will listen, or if there is no one to listen, you'll just talk to yourself! You especially love talking to your big brother. You're also one of the few people that find Griffin's antics absolutely hilarious...which may spell trouble for the both of you somewhere down the road!
You make a lovely addition to this family, Corben. We're glad to have you here (even if you've been a little cranky these past few days....I think there may be some teeth on the way.)
Yup, that's pretty much how we feel about teething too.
Love you, dude.
xoxox
Love Mama



1 comment:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh my he is so adorable! And so tall! Jonathan is such a midget even now at 3! He's in 24 month clothes and some 3T shirts. He'll be four in the fall. Wow...doesn't seem possible.

They grow so fast!

That expression at the end is how I feel about PMS today. :-)