Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

Flowers delivered, bedside, by the cutest 3 foot blond kid I know
+
Eggs, hashbrowns, bacon (gawd I love bacon) and lots and lots of coffee
+
Friends
+
A one hour nap, in silence
+
Fresh bagels with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers for lunch
+
A looooong, hot shower, complete with shaved legs
+
A one hour nap for Corben, on my chest (I may have dozed off again too...)
+
Tea, and a book
+
Lobster risotto with steak, and fresh local asparagus
+
Cherry Pie and ice cream
+
Children to bed without a fight (this may be hyperbole, as we have yet to tackle bedtime, but I feel it's important to have a dream....)
+
An episode of Lost, in bed
___________________
= The Best Mothers Day Ever

Happy Mother's day to all you other Mamas out there, especially all the first timers, and most especially, my very own Mom. Hope you all had a fantastic day!

5 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That sounds magnificent!

Anonymous said...

Thanks dear - a perfect day all around!

Mom said...

Oops - anonymous is mom.

Burgh Baby said...

Sounds like yours was pretty much perfect!

Michelle said...

Wow, I am so jealous, your day sounds like heaven and I so wish I had a nap in there with my newborn twins on my chest :) But it was a pretty good day for me as well.

P.S. I have been reading your blog for awhile now and just love it. You are such a good writer and I love your sewing/crafting room. I am dying for hubby to finish our basement so I can have a space to call my own / hide away in :) With 4 girls under 6yrs of age I need it!!