Friday, May 07, 2010

Relax

I found this little bit of gardening advice today over at Doug Green's Blog (a great little gardening blog) and I had to share because I think it's perfectly wonderful!

Relax.

This is my most-often quoted advice to gardeners asking why this plant or that plant hasn’t shown up yet. Just relax – it’s alive or it’s dead.

If alive, you have nothing to worry about.

If you’re not sure – you can poke around where the crown is (carefully) with your fingers to see if the crown is solid or soft-mushy or if there are some shoots there. If there are shoots – you’re good and have nothing to worry about.

If soft and mushy- the plant is dead (I’m sorry) but now you have reason to celebrate and visit a garden center so you have nothing to worry about.

Life is good.

I think the theory can be applied to more than just gardening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good life advice too! There's only so much that is in your control.