Saturday, June 12, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp, Day 6-7-8

Day 6: Fluid:

This was a cheat...faced with the daunting task of doing 3 squares today, I came across this square that I had started a while back for another project, and abandoned. "Hey, it looks kind of fluid-y" I though, with all that water. And thus, fluid. I'd like to take another crack at it.
Day 7: Fly:

This is nice, but feels a bit "safe" to me - I've used this technique a lot - outlining various fabrics to create a picture. (Most notably, my favourite version of this technique, can be seen here.) I feel like I've mastered this, so going back to it feels like I'm not getting the most out of this. I REALLY need to find that book that Steve got me, that inspired this all in the first place.

Day 8: Ornament.

This is a Celtic Tree of Life: "The ancient Celts believed all living things were spiritual, mystical beings, not just inanimate objects to be exploited. They believed trees in particular were a source of great wisdom with the power to bridge the gap between the upper and lower worlds and bring blessings from the gods. "

What the hell does that have to do with ornament, you ask?

Well, this particular tree is my very own ornament - it's the tattoo that I have on my back.
I'll be taking a break for a few days for other adventures, see you in a few!

1 comment:

Terri-Ann said...

I am truly astonished by your talent! From conception to execution, these are beautiful!