Saturday, June 05, 2010

Saturday Bits

It's summer theatre season here again, and that means that Daddy is here and gone and here and gone a lot. Which leaves me and the munchkins. And the dog. The goal right now is to make it through the days with everyone fed, happy, and relatively clean. (I might be failing on that one, since last night Griffin said to me "Mama, I want to snuggle, but not to close, because you don't smell too good." Humph. Thanks kid. Here, hold the baby, I'm going to shower.)

Corben is....something. Teething likely. Happy as a clam during the day, miserable at bedtime. Last night and the night before it took me TWO hours to get him down to bed. This morning he was up at 5:30am, miserable again.

Not a wonder I don't have time for a shower.

At least I'm smart, and when Daddy's away we all crawl into the big bed together. This makes bedtimes and any midnight wakings infinitely easier. Often I'll wake up with a foot in my kidneys or an arm in my face, but like I said, the cuddlemania has been quelled for as long as I can keep my pits stinky.

Corben doesn't care if I stink. As long as my boobs keep making milk, we'll be BFF's. One snuggler in the bed is enough

Tonight, by some minor miracle, everyone was asleep by 8:30. The 5:30 wake-up by C and Mr. No Nap Griffin may have something to do with that. I don't even have the energy to do anything creative with this evening. I think I may go join the little snorefest myself.

My three year old? Could out-snore many of your husbands. He'll make someone a fine one some day!

And with that, I will leave you with this little bit of awesomesauce, and bid you adieu. This is how I get ready in the morning, fuss free. Corbenvision. Have mirror, will entertain!

No comments: