Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blissdom, Eh?

So I'm going to this little event in October called BlissdomCanada. It's a conference, filled with a whole bunch of really cool people, and I've got a ticket for it. (Luckily there was no "cool screening" as a requirement to purchase.) I've never gone to something like this before, and I'm a little bit excited, and a lotta bit nervous. In an effort to get to know folks better before the conference, I'm spilling the beans about some stuff you may want to know about me (and maybe some stuff you wish you didn't!)

1. Did you attend Blogher10?

Nope. Wish I did though.

2. Are you attending BlissdomCanada this fall?

Heck yes! I lucked out with an early bird ticket, at a ridiculously late hour in the day, so I figured it was a sign that I should go.

3. When are you at your blogging best – a.m. or p.m.?

Oh, pm, fer sure. Typing is really hard when there's a 3 year old jumping on you.

4. How many blogs do you have? (Include the links)

This one. (You know, where you're reading this.) Oh, and they let me "share my wisdom" over at Kids in the Hills too. (Oh, and if you'd go and vote for me here, I may blogging for BornFree too! Do it now,I'll wait...........................Oh hi! You're back? Good then, lets continue.)

5. What technical skill would you like to learn to improve your blog?

How to do a bit of HTML editing to switch things up every so often, without f*cking up my blog so badly that I have to call in an expert!

6. Do you prefer the sound of silence or does action abound while you blog?

Complete silence, please. (Hey, a girl can dream!)

7. Do you include the names of your family in your blog?

Yup

8. Do you post pictures or videos of your children?

HA! Have you SEEN my blog?

9. What’s the grossest thing you’ve spilled on your keyboard?

Does baby drool count? Other than that, probably breast milk...I have a very *ahem* aggressive let down, and a very distracted baby. (TMI? Quite likely.)

10. Ever posted something you wrote while intoxicated?

Not that I can remember. Doesn't mean I haven't, just means I was drunk and can't remember.

11. Do you go back and edit old posts just because you can?

Never. Do people do that? Should I?

12. Have you ever suspected somebody took something you wrote and pawned it off as their own?

Nope...I'm not cool enough.

13. Does your spouse read your blog? What do they say about it?

He loves it, although he refuses to comment...I'm not sure why.

14. What’s something cool/positive/unexpected for you, that has resulted directly from blogging?

I won a frying pan once...does that count?

15. Link to a post (or two) which demonstrate your writing style:

Well, don't they all? OK, how about the one where I wax poetic about Kale? Or the one from just yesterday when our family came under attack?

16. Name a blog(s) that makes you exclaim, "Damn! I wish I'd written that!"

I loves me some BurghBaby, and the Redneck Mommy makes me crack up every. single. time.

That's it for me! So if I haven't scared you away, I look forward to seeing you at BlissdomCanada!

5 comments:

Nolie said...

HTML I can do. This CSS crap is another story. Looking forward to meeting everyone at Blissdom Canada.

Tarasview said...

great answers :) I can't wait to meet you in real life!! I also dream of complete silence... not that I get it very often!

( be sure to stop by my blog and enter your link on the Blissdom Canada Mr. Linky!)

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I'm going to Blissdom too and my answers to this fab quiz are soooo much like yours!!
lol I am 90 % excited and 10 % nervouse...but it changes daily:)

Burgh Baby said...

I LOVE YOU MORE!

(Sorry, yelling was required.) (Ahem.)

I go back and edit all. the. time. It's not intentional at all, it's that somehow I'll come across an old post and I'll find spelling mistakes. KABLLOEY! goes my head when it happens. I *have* to fix the. It's a disease.