Sunday, January 08, 2012

My monkey turns TWO!

Today we celebrated Corben's 2nd birthday (even though his big day isn't until tomorrow.) A light affair, with a few special people (and only a few gifts) made for exactly the day I was hoping for.
I asked Griffin the other day, what sort of cake we should make for Corben.  "Chocolate chip banana" he replied, "with a monkey on top."  And there you have it.  We skipped the chips, and went straight for chocolate banana, and I took my first foray into the world of fondant.  OMGolly, I had so much fun!  I followed an excellent tutorial, and this little guy was born. Having spent all my hours last night on the monkey, I ended up going a little light on the letters. Plus there really isn't a whole lot of room to get poetic atop a 6" cake!
Corben loved him!
We had a lovely crowd, including Daddy, who Skyped in from Ottawa (you can see him there at the head of the table!)  Technology is a wonderful thing some times!
Corben spent much of dessert "feeding Daddy" cake.  Daddy gobbled it up.  Everyone laughed.  Repeat!
A lengthy nap ensued, as did an early bed time!

And tomorrow?  I have the day off of work, and I'm going to spend the whole day with this little dude, soaking up every second of him, and likely writing my annual sappy blog post about how much I love this little devil.

And I totally do!

1 comment:

jayna said...

Happy Birthday Corben!! I can't believe he's two already!