Monday, March 06, 2006

Alternative Energy


I need my own personal Alternative Energy Source...I'm tired!

We just came from our first "Expectant Parent Education" Class - ie: prenatal class. They have it setup so that you take 3 classes early in your pregnancy where they talk about nutrition and fetal development and all that jazz, and then 4 classes later on where they get down to the nitty gritty and discuss the real "miracle of birth" - that something the size of a large melon comes out of a hole the size of a golf ball! A stretchy, expandable golf ball, but a golf ball never the less. Egads, I'm not ready to think about that yet!

Plans are for me to witness an actual birth, any day now infact - none of this namby pamby video crap for me! My darling Gretel is due to experience that very miracle some time in the next week or so, and has asked me to be there, mostly to be Tristan's buddy (Child #1, baby will be #2), but generally to be part of the team that one generally requires at baby time. Provided labour doesn't begin at rush hour or some other silly time of the day, or while I'm on the internet, typing a blog perhaps, I should be there to take part in the whole process...we shall see what I think of this whole birth thing (not to mention the natural drug free birth thing) after it all goes down!!

No comments: