Thursday, March 15, 2007

Under the King Size Bed

Found: 1 white flip flop, whose pair has been hanging out under my dresser all winter. I've been wondering where the other half was...

Found: 1 copper colour ballet flat, whose pair has been hanging out under Steve's dresser all winter. I've been wondering where the other half was...

Found: 1 Nike flip flop, whose pair has been hanging out in my closet. I hadn't really wondered where the other half was, as shortly before discovering the right loner under my bed, I discovered the left loner in the closet.

Found: 1 pair of flat pregnant shoes. I hadn't missed them at all!

Found: 1 laundry bag, that Steve was looking for when he packed for his trip the other day.

Found: 1 pair of red comfy pants (Steve's) I'm not sure if he missed them at all.

Found: Various socks, one pair of underwear, a candle holder (???), a book, various dog bones.

Found: The breeding ground for dust bunnies in my home.

Still at Large: 1 pair of brown sandals, the reason I went foraging under the bed in the first place. Damn!!!

(You know when you type a word too many times and it just looks wrong wrong wrong? I had to go to the dictionary to make sure that "whose" was really a word, because after putting it in 3 sentences, it didn't really look like one. )

3 comments:

kodeureum said...

What is it about women and shoes? After my ex-wife took away all her stuff there were still a dozen pairs of shoes that she didn't want. Some of them were new...

Jenn said...

There are about as many pairs of shoes in my closet as there are video games on Steve's shelf. I think that's fair!

Also to note - both shoe closet and video shelf house residents that are "barely worn."

kodeureum said...

That does seem fair. I must have dozens of half-empty tubes of paint lying about in various locations with an equal number of brushes and unfinished canvases. But I tend to wear one pair right through before I purchase my next shoes. It takes about two years, generally. I'm currently due for a new pair of teaching shoes as my feet hurt even though I'm seated half the time I'm in class!