I just compiled this little list for an excersice on Facebook, and since it took me nearly an hour to write it, I thought I might as well share it here too. Want to play along? Leave me a comment to let me know you played too!
25 Random things about me:
1. I have a horrible memory, especially for names.
2. I’ve seen every single one of the Bond movies. Sadly, I’d be hard pressed to tell you what happened in any of them. (See #1)
3. I swam competitively for 10 years, and there is no place that I feel more at home than in the water.
4. I have done a lot of different jobs in my life, but the only thing that I really feel that I was “meant” to do is be a mom.
5. Being a mother is both the most difficult and the most rewarding thing that I have ever done.
6. I have a fierce sense of loyalty towards the ones I love. I’d do anything for my friends and family.
7. I sometimes wish that I could ditch all these computers and gadgets and whatnot, and go live off the land in a bush somewhere. Someday I think I will.
8. The fact that my dad passed away before he got to meet any of his grandchildren makes me terribly sad. I think they would have made him very happy.
9. I hate being the centre of attention. It’s why I always worked backstage, and never on. It’s also one of the reasons I had a very small wedding.
10. If someone told me I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, I would pick nachos. (Hello, all 4 food groups!)
11. I would be a happy woman if I could sit at home and sew all day.
12. No matter how gripping or engaging they may be, black and white movies put me to sleep.
13. I am not very good at holding my tongue when I see someone doing something jerky, like when someone leaves their shopping cart in the middle of a parking lot, or parks illegally in a handicapped spot.
14. Lazy people piss me off.
15. I am incredibly organized at work, and in most places in my home. Except for the filing cabinet. The filing cabinet is the bane of my existence.
16. I am very comfortable with the fact that it in our household it is my husband’s job to cook and do the dishes, and that it’s my job to fix the tractor.
17. The fact that my son will someday be both taller than me and smarter than me scares the crap out of me...but kind of in a good way.
18. I sleep like the dead. Sadly, my son has not inherited this trait.
19. I can go from zero to cranktastic in 0.7 seconds flat. The best course of action is usually to feed me.
20. I have this inexplicable obsession with Montana. I’ve never been there, but I really NEED to go. I have no idea why.
21. I had a recurring dream as a child of being hunted down by a giant. We always knew he was coming because the house started to shake. I was regular sized, but somehow hid in a wrapping paper roll. The giant never found me. My brother used to have a similar dream.
22. My vegetable garden makes me incredibly proud.
23. I make a mean gingerbread cookie.
24. I once laid in the middle of a highway for 17 seconds with my best friend in high school. I can’t remember the logic behind it all, but it had something to do with making boys fall in love
25. I had no idea that writing 25 random things would be so difficult!