Friday, October 23, 2009

Blustery Night

It is a very blustery day, shaping up to be a very blustery night. Inside and out.

It is the end of a long week here on the Roof. Griffin, fresh from a full week of school and daycare, is a red hot mess. He hasn't napped today. He slept in this morning (that's how I KNOW something is wrong.) He hasn't had a decent poop in a week. He is alternating between complaining about his belly hurting (that would be the no poop thing) and his tongue hurting (I have no idea what that's about.) I haven't the first clue about what to do with him, aside from put his cranky little butt to bed.

I came home and decided to sew. Griffin took offence to this, and won't let me be upstairs for more than 5 minutes before he starts screaming my name. Tonight, for once this week, he goes to bed and I stay up and have a little bit of me time. Yup, that's right, ME. All me. Complete with hot chocolate, candles, and sewing, rounded off with a cup of tea when I'm done sewing, and a book. Oh, and maybe even a bath!

Steve comes home this weekend, and is bringing with him a nasty cold that he's picked up in the past day, and a big bag of dirty laundry. But he's coming HOME, and that's all that really matters to me. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to our little family being all together again, for a long long while.

*****************
Took a little break there to put the kid to bed. After a massive battle involving pillow placement, that involved plenty of tears and a few well placed smacks to the arm (him, smacking me) Griffin took about 7.56 seconds to fall asleep. And that's my cue to sew. I may be back later with pictures to share - I plan on this little project taking a grand total of 2 hours.

Have a lovely evening!

No comments: