Thursday, December 10, 2009

Careful what you wish for!

Yes, I asked for snow. I didn't mean we needed it all at ONCE! We got snow. Lots and lots and lots of it, and it's still coming down. The drifts on the driveway are already 2 feet high. Tomorrow I will show you pictures, but tonight I am just going to huddle under my cocoon of pink and pretend it doesn't sound and feel like the wind is going to blow our house down.

Oh, and by the way? Remember Bubba, our new car?

Bubba has 4 wheel drive, and I knew I was in love with him when I drove to work on Wednesday morning and found myself stopped behind a line of cars trying to get up a steep hill on Airport Road. Without missing a beat, I swerved into the oncoming lane, went right around those pansy-assed cars, and carried on my merry way. There may have been a little bit of giggling too. (I know, the good Samaritan thing to do would have been to stop and help these poor folks, but I didn't think me and my unborn [but not by much] child were really the best people to be helping push heavy cars up icy hills, so I kept going.) Needless to say, I am in LOVE with Bubba, and his 4 wheel drive.

And drifts in our driveway? Bubba eats drifts for BREAKFAST!

1 comment:

mom said...

Nice!!!!