Saturday, November 03, 2007

The (Almost) Completed Mei Tai

I'm incredibly happy with how this turned out, with the exception of sewing the pocket on upside down, it went rather smoothly! I'm going to pull it off and re-think it anyway, I couldn't get anything in there if I tried, so what's the point!


There are still a few finishing touches that need to be done - adding the D-rings to the shoulders for the hood, putting the velcro on the hood straps, and trimming a bazillion loose thread ends. And of course, adding my new custom labels, which I suppose I'll have to take a shot of to show you here, since it looks like I'll NEVER get that sewing blog up and running. I'll make a few changes to the design when I make the next one (for Kater! A commission!! Wahoo!) but overall I'm happy, and the carrier is very comfy to wear...even Steve likes it!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mei Tai looks awesome! I'm thinking I could use a simple one for giving Tristan piggyback rides to skating (with his skates already on).

Jenn O'Neil said...

Hi Jenn - found you through the comment that you made on my blog through the circle of Jens. I love love love that carrier. How much do you charge for a commission? I know a ton of people pregnant right now. Also what ages is that for?

I'm going to put you on my blog roll if you don't mind. ( I always ask!)

Have a good rest of your weekend.

Jenn said...

Abstract Jenn - if you want to fire me an email at jennifer(at) stevelucasdesign(dot)com so I have your email address, we can chat further about making a carrier!!